Thursday, September 27, 2012

Now Our Hearts Are Full

So for the last day or so, I've had the chorus of a Morrissey song constantly dancing around in my head.  I'm sure that information and knowing where we are and what we are dealing with would lead you to believe that I might be more than a little down or struggling a bit.  I've had quite a few of those moments in the last week or so, and I expect to have many many more, but right now that's not the case.

The lyrics that keep circulating in my head over and over are:



Now my heart is full
Now my heart is full
And I just can't explain
So I won't even try to

Unlike Morrissey though, I'm going to actually try to explain it. Since we received this diagnosis on Friday we have cried at least once per day over the generosity and support we've received from the hospital, our family and friends, our community, and complete strangers who, through their various foundations have tried to brighten our day and make this journey a little easier for us.

We have literally been overwhelmed at the outpouring of support we have received. Our facebook statuses have just exploded with likes and comments and our inboxes have been flooded with words of encouragement and people asking what they can do for us and Aidan.  His room is filled with cards and toys (I honestly don't know how we are going to get this stuff home) 

I really can't even begin to detail all the ways big and small that people have touched us with their generosity.  I feel like if I tried, it I would inevitably forget someone. We've had so many people give of themselves for our family it's hard to keep track of it all with the stress we are under dealing with this cancer diagnosis and our upcoming treatment.  Please know that we appreciate every kind word, every offer of help, every gift sent, every visit made etc.

Our hearts are full, because of all of you.  We love you and thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment